Tuesday 20 September 2011

Dementia Screening

Al Castro, the director and social worker at the United Community Center provided me with additional sources, measuring mechanisms and Dementia Screening options at the end of the Memory Loss Program. I even got the chance to be Dementia Screened myself!!! I have never felt under so much pressure to provide the correct answers, so i do feel for those individuals who go through the process, this anxiety should be taken into consideration for the final results!!!
In the future i plan to find out more about the participants so i can design and provide workshops suited to their abilities. As part of the Dementia Screening, certain shapes and a clock face have to be drawn. Now i know this - i will certainly not facilitate this in a workshop or designn anything similar to this. It was very interesting and taught me a lot about my own cognitive ability....